Updated: Oct 27, 2017 Views: 36
Adaptive Technology Lab
The Adaptive Technology Lab provides resources to improve access to George Brown College students with a disability. The computers, software, and special equipment in the lab provide
• Magnification of the screen for people with low vision;
• Use of speech recognition software as a writing tool;
• Tools to make the reading and writing process easier;
• The capability to create and produce documents in alternative formats such as e-text, Braille, PDF, Kurzweil etc.
In addition to the technology described above, the lab staff can provide
• An introduction to access technology;
• Basic training on the hardware and software available in the lab;
The Adaptive Technology Labs are located in the libraries at St. James room 121G and Casa Loma room 333D.
Monday- Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Fridays 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.