Updated: Jul 22, 2014 Views: 20
The Library Learning Commons’ open access computers are reserved for independent learning, academic research, projects and assignments by currently registered students.
All computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All computers are password protected. Students must sign on using their George Brown student number and password.
- Library Learning Commons staff can assist with printing, locating, and accessing applications, tutorials and on-line help, but do not tutor or teach software applications.
- Academic assignments and projects take precedence over games and recreational activities.
Users are responsible for the following:
Complying with the Student Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
- Complying with all Library Learning Commons policies as set out in the George Brown College Academic Policies and Guidelines.
- Following copyright and other laws including understanding and complying with software and licenses governing access to software and online resources.
- Saving work frequently and making back up files on their own portable drive. It is not advisable to save work files on the computer’s hard drive.
- Previewing each document before printing. The Library Learning Commons will not refund credits for any misprinting caused by human error.
The following activities are not allowed:
Installation of personal software
- Interference with the setup, configuration or software of any computer.