Updated: Jul 22, 2014 Views: 53
Plagiarism is the act of taking credit for someone else's work.
It is a serious academic offence which includes presenting the work, words, images or thoughts of others as your own without identifying and giving proper credit to the original source.
The act of plagiarism can be intentional or unintentional. The consequences are just as serious.
Examples of plagiarism include (but are not limited to):
- Submitting an assignment that is not your own
- Submitting an assignment with sections that are not your own
- Cutting and pasting text or images from the internet without citing the source
- Including an exact quote without using quotation marks or citing the source
- Using any published or unpublished source of information (including ideas!) without citing the source
- Paraphrasing any source of information (including ideas!) without citing the source